Kallee and Tamara

Kallee and Tamara
A Beautiful Summer Day.

Madam Kallee, CTD, CGC - 1994-2005 - Certified Therapy Dog and a Canine Good Citizen

Madam Kallee, CTD, CGC - 1994-2005 - Certified Therapy Dog and a Canine Good Citizen
I am so pretty!

Kallee, T.D.I., CGC - Certified Therapy Dog and a Canine Good Citizen - 1994-2005

Kallee, T.D.I., CGC - Certified Therapy Dog and a Canine Good Citizen - 1994-2005
I loved to pose for the camera.

Hat Girl.

Hat Girl.
The things I do for my mom!

Happiness.

Happiness.
Bubby knows how to scratch a tummy.

Best of Friends.

Best of Friends.
Mine! No, Mine!, No Mine!!!

Whew !

Whew !
Bubby wears me out!

This is the Life.

This is the Life.
Just relaxing with bubby.

Kallee and Mr. Monkey

Kallee and Mr. Monkey
See Mr. Monkey? Wanna play?

Miss Cool.

Miss Cool.
I loved to wear my shades.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Tidbit Corner.

So far, I have stayed with the total information aspect of a blog. But, I found some interesting tidbits from a magazine I get from my vet, Dr. Wayne Maass, owner of Guyan Animal Hospital, sends a copy of the magazine, Healthy Pet, along with a reminder when it is time to get your pet's annual shots. Really a pretty cool idea, I think. Chance thinks the world of "Doc", as I call him. I used to call my old vet, Dr. Bill Core, "doc", too. You have to have a good relationship with the person you are trusting you pet to. Well enough of that. On to the "good stuff."

Will Ferrell's dog sniffs out scripts.
We all how funny Will Ferrell is and how much delight his movies bring us, but do we know the process he goes through when choosing exactly which screenplay he wants to commit to? Perhaps he reads the screenplay, mulls it over, asks his wife for a second opinion, maybe he has a friend or agent break it down. Well, apparently, Mr. Ferrell does have a number of people read his scripts, but then he has his very own way of making the final decision. He has recently been quoted as saying, "I have my dog look at the screenplay, just kind of sniff it, and if he gives me a certain look, then I'll read it." The only problem? "Sometimes I don't know if he's giving me the look or he's just hungry."

Fast Bites: 3 Brave Pooches
Dog nabs suspected Burglar: A Sacramento police dog did his part to stop crime from rising in his hometown. This crime-fighting canine sniffed out a burglar in action, latched his teeth onto the thief's pants, and held on until backup arrived.

Dog Has His Day in Court: Henry, a black chihuahua, recently took the stand at the Third District Court in Salt Lake City. Animals are usually banned from courtrooms, but an exception was made in this case because of the abuse accusations launched against Henry's hideous owners, and scars Henry bore as proof.

Dog Thwarts Carjacker: A man who stole a car in Australia and later took refuge from the police under a bed was found and detained by a dog who didn't like the smell of the man's boots. The dog clamped down on the soul and waited for the police to show up.

A Credit Card for a Cat?
Australia has been the home of many strange and wonderful things, but this story just might be the cat's pajamas. It seems that an Australian woman, Katherine Campbell, wanted to test her bank's identity security system, so she applied for a "secondary" credit card for her cat. The Bank of Queensland not only approved the application but issued the credit card in the cat's name, Messiah. Campbell was agog: "I just couldn't believe it. People need to be aware of this, and banks need to have better security!" A spokesperson for the bank offered, "The cat's credit card has been canceled. We apologize as this should not have happened."

Barbara Walter Goes Bow Wow:
Why are so many people throwing talk show host and news veteran Barbara Walters into the soup? Well, it seems that she proclaimed in a very public way, with a very straight face, that her beloved Havanese dog, Cha-Cha, responded verbally to her words of affection by actually saying "I love you, Barbara." Okay, to make matters worse (or better, depending on whose furry sofa you sit), Barbara further asserted that she will bring on her hit TV show The View a corroborating witness who actually heard her pooch pound out those syllables.

Hemingway's Six-Toed Cats:
If you visit Key West, Florida, you can tour the residence where Ernest Hemingway wrote and found inspiration. You may also come across 50 or so six-toed cats meandering inside the house and grounds. These polydactyl(more than the normal number of toes or fingers)are all descendants of a cat the novelist received as a gift in the 1930's. Recently, USDA has stepped in, saying the cats need to be caged. But, there's no need. Hemingway made sure his cats were protected: He built high walls and provided them with an enclosed habitat where they could freely live and breed. The USDA should know better. Never go against Papa.

No comments: