Kallee and Tamara

Kallee and Tamara
A Beautiful Summer Day.

Madam Kallee, CTD, CGC - 1994-2005 - Certified Therapy Dog and a Canine Good Citizen

Madam Kallee, CTD, CGC - 1994-2005 - Certified Therapy Dog and a Canine Good Citizen
I am so pretty!

Kallee, T.D.I., CGC - Certified Therapy Dog and a Canine Good Citizen - 1994-2005

Kallee, T.D.I., CGC - Certified Therapy Dog and a Canine Good Citizen - 1994-2005
I loved to pose for the camera.

Hat Girl.

Hat Girl.
The things I do for my mom!

Happiness.

Happiness.
Bubby knows how to scratch a tummy.

Best of Friends.

Best of Friends.
Mine! No, Mine!, No Mine!!!

Whew !

Whew !
Bubby wears me out!

This is the Life.

This is the Life.
Just relaxing with bubby.

Kallee and Mr. Monkey

Kallee and Mr. Monkey
See Mr. Monkey? Wanna play?

Miss Cool.

Miss Cool.
I loved to wear my shades.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

How to pick a groomer or boarding and training facility.

The reason I am writing this post is to let people know what questions to ask when shopping around for a new groomer for your pet, or a boarding facility for vacations where you can't take your pet and finally, a training facility to help your pet become not only a member of your "pack", but also a member of society's "pack." If you find yourself in the position of having to find another groomer, trainer or boarding facility, here are a few questions to ask.

GROOMING:

1. How long has the groomer been grooming?
2. Did they go to a grooming school?
3. Are they certified by National Dog Groomer's Assoc. of America or any other Assoc. and do you drug test?
4. May I stay while my dog gets its groom?
5. May I schedule a time to come and look at the area where my pet will be groomed, bathed and dried?
6. Do you use muzzles on certain breeds, even if not needed?
7. Do you use organic products when bathing?

TRAINING:

1. Is the trainer a certified master trainer?
2. Where did they get there training and certification?
3. Do you use pinch collars to train?
4. May I schedule a time to come and view the training area, and see some of your training dogs?
5. Do you have group classes and one-on-one training? What about keeping the dog for a certain amt. of time for training?

BOARDING:

1. What are your rates?
a. Do you require up-to-date vaccinations including Bordatella?
2. Do you kennel dogs together that come in together?
3. Do you have indoor/outdoor runs?
4. How many times are the dogs let out to potty?
5. Do I need to bring my own food, bowls, and bedding?
6. May I schedule a time to come and view the boarding area and play/outside area?
7. Do you bathe the dog before pick up, or do I have to request that?
8. At anytime are strange dogs put together?
9. Do you give medications if brought.
10. Do your kennel personnel know animal CPR?

No comments: