Kallee and Tamara

Kallee and Tamara
A Beautiful Summer Day.

Madam Kallee, CTD, CGC - 1994-2005 - Certified Therapy Dog and a Canine Good Citizen

Madam Kallee, CTD, CGC - 1994-2005 - Certified Therapy Dog and a Canine Good Citizen
I am so pretty!

Kallee, T.D.I., CGC - Certified Therapy Dog and a Canine Good Citizen - 1994-2005

Kallee, T.D.I., CGC - Certified Therapy Dog and a Canine Good Citizen - 1994-2005
I loved to pose for the camera.

Hat Girl.

Hat Girl.
The things I do for my mom!

Happiness.

Happiness.
Bubby knows how to scratch a tummy.

Best of Friends.

Best of Friends.
Mine! No, Mine!, No Mine!!!

Whew !

Whew !
Bubby wears me out!

This is the Life.

This is the Life.
Just relaxing with bubby.

Kallee and Mr. Monkey

Kallee and Mr. Monkey
See Mr. Monkey? Wanna play?

Miss Cool.

Miss Cool.
I loved to wear my shades.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Toys

Any toy is great. Although the stuffed toys can be hazardous. When giving a stuffy, as we call them, monitor the dogs reaction with the toy. If your baby starts to pull at a part of the toy, take the toy away and tell the dog "no tear", and give it back. If your dog is persistent with the pulling, he/she is likely to continue to tear it up. Take the toy away and substitute a hard toy or pull toy. Even with the pull toys, if you buy one of the braided ones, you still need to monitor your pet. But, if your dog stops the pulling/tearing, praise the dog and give a small treat. Also, make sure that you sew any part that has a tear. Any tear is tempting to your dog to continue the destruction. A dog that ingests stuffing, will likely have to be taken to the vet and have the stuffing surgically removed. Nasty business. All toys are great. Just choose one that will compliment your pet. If possible, take your dog to the pet stores that allow dogs to visit, and let your dog pick out their own toy. This gives your dog a sense of "finding" a toy on their own. Mental challenges are wonderful for your dog.

March 27, 2007 8:41 AM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed this sounds alot like the blog I just read that was posted a day before this one on Herald-Dispatch.com. Are you affiliated with them or just stealing ideas?

Tamara Myers-White said...

Yes, I am the blogger herself. Thanks for taking time to read my blog. I try hard. I post some on the herald-dispatch's Tammy Clark's blog. I hope you enjoy mine as well. My name is Tamara Myers-White.